Thursday, October 16, 2014

tbt: my life in 250 words

another tbt post! i'll probably be posting an updated version of this at some point, because i remember loving the challenge that this provided. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So this one post kept popping up in my feed today... My Life in 250 Words. When I found out that it was part of a blog everyday in May challenge.



I decided I had to do it. Here's my life in 248 words.

I was born in a suburb in Western New York. I met my best friend Julia in kindergarten and I wore brains and pretty dresses. In second grade my teacher compared me to the main character in Wemberley Worries. I met my other best friend Emily in third grade and I didn't want to meet her at first. She, Julia, and I became inseparable. In fifth grade I got moved into accelerated math and consistently felt like the dumbest person in the class. I also quit dance lessons. Middle school wasn't horrible, but it wasn't great either. I rejoined Girl Scouts and earned my Silver Award. I still felt like the dumbest person in my classes when high school started and I joined the swim team. I didn't make the musical and found tech crew instead. I fell in love with history and figured out I hated science.  I went to a Taylor Swift Concert. I found my group of friends. I met my bestest friend Kristina and joined yearbook. I finished my Gold Award. I earned my lifeguard certification and lifeguarded for the summer. I became stage manager and applied to college. I dropped down a level in math and am acing it. I no longer feel like the dumb kid. I love economics. I learned to love dancing and reading and writing. It took me four months to figure out that I was going to Michigan, and now I can't wait. I'm graduating in 48 days.


Trying to put your life into 250 words is hard...and I dare you all to try it and participate in blogging everyday in May!

-em xx

No comments:

Post a Comment