Thursday, September 25, 2014

a little about me

hello friends!

(well, we're not friends yet, but i'm hoping that we will be.)

welcome to my little corner of the web. i used to have a blog that i ran at the end of my senior year of high school (so about a year ago) and then i decided that i didn't like any of what i had posted and needed to start again. i've had this blog since october 2013 (or rather, the idea for this blog) and i've been sitting on it, waiting for the right moment to start. 

and i've decided that that moment is now.

well, i decided that the moment was now this summer, and ended up hating everything i wrote. so i took it all down, re-edited and deleted stuff, and i'm back again, this time for good.  

so here's the deal:

my name is emily. i'm 18 years old, and i'm a college sophomore. i love country music and i'm obsessed with disney. i hate cheese. i love the color purple, and i pretend like i'm a writer sometimes. 


(i'm a white girl i know, that bag in the photo on the left is from chipotle JUDGE ME)

i'm going to try blogging on a regular schedule, two to three posts a week, but school and other comittments come first, so no promises. i'll try to post on mondays and thursdays, and then alternate between wednesdays and fridays, depending on my mood. but that's all liable to change.

my blog is going to be a pile of a bunch of different things--music, my ramblings, beauty stuff, college stuff, life stuff--in short, what you'd call a lifestyle blog. 

i intern for a great organization called dream on youth and that means that every other week, i usually have a blog post that goes up. usually on tuesdays. so those days, i won't be posting here, but i will post a link to my post over on the doy site. 

one day, i'll make posts about what i did this summer and doy. 

this is a beginning. this is me trying to figure out who i want to be.

and i hope you'll join me.

-em xx

1 comment: